So, I finally had three minutes to myself to enjoy the treat I bummed from the ice cream man. The kids were engrossed in some tv show, so I enacted "rest time" and threatened them with loss of driving privileges 12 years from now if they so much as stepped off the couch until said show was over.
I gathered the necessary treat and not one, but two incendiary devices as we do live in the windy city by the sea, I figured I'd be safe and at least one would light. I snuck out the back patio door and failed not once, but twice to make fire. I returned to the matchbox and took the whole thing this time, I will not be denied.....back out the patio door, success. I enjoyed my little treat and tried to come back in. I say tried because there seemed to have been a door malfunction sometime in the last two minutes. Sure enough, a confiscated sword had fallen into the tracks, the door was not moving. (Keep that in mind next time we go on vacation) Our backyard is secured to maximum security prison standards, and my phone, not in my pocket.
I was forced to knock on the door in the living room. Where the kids had been forbidden to leave their couches. Haha karma. You're so funny.
Cast of Characters
- BOB - Born of the body children
- BOTH - Born of the heart children
- Roran aka Big Girl - 18 year old BOB daughter - recently booted from the nest
- Big Boy - 15 year old BOB son
- Radical - 9 year old BOB son who fyi is not RAD
- Felpsy aka lil middle - 4 year old BOTH boy who is RAD and is the cumin in our soup
- Booger - 4 year old BOTH boy, sib to Felpsy, Twin to....
- Princess - 4 year old BOTH girl. Diva,