Yes, my kids express themselves verbally when frustrated. "Crap" and "frick and frack" are quite popular. Several days ago, a new one emerged. I'm guessing they got it from the one who lives in a pineapple under the sea, but the new phrase is "Tarter Sauce"
As in, "TARTER SAUCE, my mp3 is broken."
I immediately reinforced it by ROFL.
Now, as you can probably guess, I have tendencies toward potty mouthisms. Frick and frack? Please. I, personally don't have too much of a problem with actual swear words, but don't find it the least bit cute in two year olds, so have modified it slightly to be more socially acceptable. Although, if you say "shoot" we all know what you mean. And frickin? Please, again, just say it already.
I am now left to wonder if taking the name of condiments in vain is offensive to anyone. I am also pondering the appropriate use of "ketchup" and "mustard". I have a feeling that "wasabi" might be useful in certain situations, and cannot wait for the first opportunity to say "horseradish". Although, I may need a snack before I do any further pondering.
Cast of Characters
- BOB - Born of the body children
- BOTH - Born of the heart children
- Roran aka Big Girl - 18 year old BOB daughter - recently booted from the nest
- Big Boy - 15 year old BOB son
- Radical - 9 year old BOB son who fyi is not RAD
- Felpsy aka lil middle - 4 year old BOTH boy who is RAD and is the cumin in our soup
- Booger - 4 year old BOTH boy, sib to Felpsy, Twin to....
- Princess - 4 year old BOTH girl. Diva,