Sunday, September 21, 2008

...some hope and perspective.

So, this last week kind of sucked if you watched the news. One talk radio guy called it the financial 9/11. I'm not worried. I haven't run to check out what my IRA is doing, we haven't stopped our automatic contributions. I'm sure if I did check it out, I'd freak.

Today I was given a new prospective. Our pastor reminded us that our hope is not on Wall Street. A lot of little gods have fallen this week. Worshipping at the altar of Wall Street, gives NO security, as a lot of people have discovered this week. Worshipping your real estate will give you no peace. We, as Christians, are working for the king and He will provide all of our needs, and throw in some wants too. That is something we can count on.

Another thing, that I won't share too many details with you all right now, but I am looking to a new chapter of my life. Believe it or not but my babies aren't babies, the twins will be in Pre-K next year. I don't know if I will go back to work, or if I will volunteer, or work a ministry. I don't know. I see God as funny and ironic, probably because I am kind of funny and ironic, but I woke up this morning with a FABULOUS idea, I even had a name. Well, driving around doing some errands this afternoon I was thinking about that FABU idea and a song came on the radio with the exact phrase of the name I was thinking of. God gets me that way a lot.

Right now though, I will be working on my home making and legal matters. But this chapter will be coming to an end soon enough. Yes, we are going to be these kids' parents, it will just be a fight. Yes, it is frustrating dealing with multiple pre-schoolers but I do have to remember they will be not be little for long and have to enjoy it, BECAUSE THEY ARE IT for us. No mo babies. So remembering that Proverbs 119:105 'Thy word is a lamp unto my feet and a light unto my path' I need to know what lies ahead in my path, but also need to keep aware of each step I take that leads down the path that lies ahead.

I am not worried about my IRA, my security is elsewhere. My home is not my hope. I am looking forward to the future, but enjoying the present that each day is. All to the glory of God.

1 comment:

Tracey said...

I'm with your girl......again....worry about nothing and pray about everything...GOD WILL TAKE CARE OF US!

Click this and I will send you flair:)

Add to Technorati Favorites

Followers

Cast of Characters

  • BOB - Born of the body children
  • BOTH - Born of the heart children
  • Roran aka Big Girl - 18 year old BOB daughter - recently booted from the nest
  • Big Boy - 15 year old BOB son
  • Radical - 9 year old BOB son who fyi is not RAD
  • Felpsy aka lil middle - 4 year old BOTH boy who is RAD and is the cumin in our soup
  • Booger - 4 year old BOTH boy, sib to Felpsy, Twin to....
  • Princess - 4 year old BOTH girl. Diva,