So, if you've been with me for the past year, you know my love affair with Gallup, New Mexico. I believe that it exists purely because it was mentioned in the song "Route 66" otherwise evolution would have expelled it from the planet.
Let's fondly remember the burning sensation all over my body I got from the hotel pool, or the walls that 'bled' because they were so dirty. The non-smoking room which was only classified 'non-smoking' because it wasn't currently on fire. And last but not least, the discovery, after spending the night, that our hotel room didn't even lock. Wahooo.
I could go on about the restaurant, the donuts, the Amtrak train going the wrong way, oh yes, they seem like a fond memory today.......
But finally, an award worthy of the town. Smalltown Gems has a classification, although not yet award to Gallup, it's only a matter of time, of 'The Hall of Shame' where it instructs you "Do not stop in these towns unless you experience 3 or more simultaneous flat tires. " It's beautiful, but you can see that from the car as you speed thru.
Amen, and amen.
Cast of Characters
- BOB - Born of the body children
- BOTH - Born of the heart children
- Roran aka Big Girl - 18 year old BOB daughter - recently booted from the nest
- Big Boy - 15 year old BOB son
- Radical - 9 year old BOB son who fyi is not RAD
- Felpsy aka lil middle - 4 year old BOTH boy who is RAD and is the cumin in our soup
- Booger - 4 year old BOTH boy, sib to Felpsy, Twin to....
- Princess - 4 year old BOTH girl. Diva,