Sunday, August 3, 2008

...Extra Grace Required

Several years ago our pastor shared that some people are EGR. Extra Grace Required when dealing with them. I have modified it slightly to be EGS, Extra Grace Sown, and EGR, Extra Grace Reaped. Today I woke up a person needing extra grace.

I have my reasons, first was I was not early to bed, we went out last night, had fun, came home late. Yadda, yadda, yadda.

So, when I finally got to the point where sleeping would have been convenient, all I could hear was the buzzing of mosquitos. And there I was trying to ninja fight the invisible forces conspiring against me, and I was losing. Note to self, pay more attention in ninja class.

Drifting off to sleep was rudely interrupted by my computer, it began blaring music that was on somebody's blog page. I am confused as to why a web page would load while my computer is closed and in a drawer, but will admit that I might not have put it away properly at bedtime as putting my computer away was not foremost on my mind. I will sow a little grace here, but please people, if you insist on putting music on your blog page, put the player in an easy to shut off place. Thank you.

Computer problem solved, drifting again. Screaming Booger. The gate had been closed in between his room and the bathroom, and he needed to go. I had asked the big kids to make sure that the gate was not shut between potty training children and the bathroom, but had to sow a little extra grace here. Should have done it myself. While dealing with the Booger situation, I discovered Big Boy on MySpace and watching TV, at 2:45 in the morning. Sow a little extra grace.

Trying, again, to get back to sleep it was too cold. Someone had turned the air colder. I keep it at 79 to sleep. Thank the Lord I did not marry a warm body 77 is too cold. Too cold for Booger too who was still awake and now worried about bugs who sucked his blood. Time to cuddle and sow some more grace.

As if that wasn't enough, next thing I know Princess is knocking on the door asking us to turn on the TV. "Go back to bed until the sun comes up." Pitter patter down the hall and yell at the brothers. Dad goes to check it out and all I hear is "OH NO" all of the living room furniture had been moved to position them all to climb over the gate that prevents them from getting into the kitchen. Seems the little ones had helped themselves to a little peanut butter and jelly sandwiches. "Go back to bed until the sun comes up" and sow some extra grace.

It was then, or earlier or later, I no longer recall, that I discussed with hubby the events of the night and finally fall to sleep. Only to be awakened by Lil Middle ready for his day to start. I told him to just hang for awhile, I needed some sleep. Daddy sowed me some grace and dealt with it all.

As I type this, Big Girl is waiting for me to come bail her from losing her keys. More grace required. Big Boy didn't do his chores, more grace. I'm going to keep sowing, because I have a feeling I'm going to be needing to reap sometime soon.

No comments:

Click this and I will send you flair:)

Add to Technorati Favorites

Followers

Cast of Characters

  • BOB - Born of the body children
  • BOTH - Born of the heart children
  • Roran aka Big Girl - 18 year old BOB daughter - recently booted from the nest
  • Big Boy - 15 year old BOB son
  • Radical - 9 year old BOB son who fyi is not RAD
  • Felpsy aka lil middle - 4 year old BOTH boy who is RAD and is the cumin in our soup
  • Booger - 4 year old BOTH boy, sib to Felpsy, Twin to....
  • Princess - 4 year old BOTH girl. Diva,