Wednesday, July 2, 2008
Today is all about easy recipes requiring five items or less. For other great ideas go here
Chicken Enchiladas - Lasagna style
Corn Tortillas - 2 - 3 per person
Hatch's Green Enchilada Sauce with Garlic
Shredded cheese - I use Colby Jack
Canned chicken breast
Enchiladas take time, I don't have time. So instead of rolling them, I layer the ingredients like a lasagna. Let's face it, it tastes the same, and after four seconds on the table, it looks the same.
Layer in a pan the sauce, tortilla, chicken and cheese, repeat, repeat, repeat, then cover with a ton of cheese. Put in an oven til the cheese is all melty, or if you are using uncooked chicken, wait til the chicken is done. I bake it at 350 because that is the default on my oven. It will also work in the microwave if your pan will fit.
The all important fifth ingredient? Sour cream
If you use the canned chicken and pre-shredded cheese it takes two minutes to prepare, or you can let a preschooler do it, just put the sauce in a plastic container so no one cuts themself on the can.
at 7:52 AM
Cast of Characters
- BOB - Born of the body children
- BOTH - Born of the heart children
- Roran aka Big Girl - 18 year old BOB daughter - recently booted from the nest
- Big Boy - 15 year old BOB son
- Radical - 9 year old BOB son who fyi is not RAD
- Felpsy aka lil middle - 4 year old BOTH boy who is RAD and is the cumin in our soup
- Booger - 4 year old BOTH boy, sib to Felpsy, Twin to....
- Princess - 4 year old BOTH girl. Diva,