Monday, May 5, 2008

...Goodbye My Love

My firstborn is graduating from high school in a couple of weeks. Yes, I know, I'm officially old. I tease my husband that he got both a trophy wife and a cougar because I'm even older than him, but still so hot.

Anyway, my daughter is just not normal. Poor parenting probably, but she is not itching to leave. She will need to be forcibly removed from this nest. She is perfectly discontent sticking around here and being miserable. I'm not pushing her out because I hate her or anything of the sort, I just think that she'll make a great adult, due solely to the exceptional parenting she has received for all these many years. So, please leave.

Of course, everyone is asking how I'm doing with her leaving. Like I said, she's not (yes she is she just hasn't figured it out yet), but if she were I'm fine, so she will be. Regardless of the job that I have done she has a Father who cares for her much more than I do, He will be watching over her, He will allow her, or not allow her, whatever experiences He needs to make her into the person she was made to be. If I think I can compete with that, I am sorely mistaken.

I'm not saying that this change will be easy, but I'm not worried about it. It will be hard not to bail her out of her mistakes, but I cannot. Life will be a shock to her, but she'll finally understand why Dad and I are such horrible people. So, don't need to ask, I'm fine. She'll be fine.

No comments:

Click this and I will send you flair:)

Add to Technorati Favorites

Followers

Cast of Characters

  • BOB - Born of the body children
  • BOTH - Born of the heart children
  • Roran aka Big Girl - 18 year old BOB daughter - recently booted from the nest
  • Big Boy - 15 year old BOB son
  • Radical - 9 year old BOB son who fyi is not RAD
  • Felpsy aka lil middle - 4 year old BOTH boy who is RAD and is the cumin in our soup
  • Booger - 4 year old BOTH boy, sib to Felpsy, Twin to....
  • Princess - 4 year old BOTH girl. Diva,