Tuesday, November 27, 2007

...of Thanksgiving, give or take a week

I missed blogging about Thanksgiving. i have so much to be thankful for. I have a wonderful family that my husband and I have melded together from all sorts of different precious sources. We hung out, just the eight of us, and enjoyed a "quiet" day at home.

I am thankful for my husband who every day leaves the cave, kills something, and drags it home to share with us.

I'm thankful for our wonderful neighbors. Our dog would live with them if they weren't already maxed out dogwise. But their last name is our dog's first name, so he would then be named Dog Dog. for example. Anyway he visits whenever we get the chance to go away.

I'm thankful for our friends both far and near. I'm thankful for a caseworker, who is also a friend, who will no longer be my caseworker, so now she can be my friend.

I'm thankful that our foster agency thinks of our bio-kids as well. This has been my mission with Born of the heart.

I'm thankful for ergonomic keyboards, and I wish one would work on this computer.

I am thankful for the most wonderful respite provider in the world. Without her I'd have been carted off a long time ago. She loves my kids, but in an appropriately distant way.

I am thankful for the financial blessing that we have. I am honored that the Good Lord thinks of us as good stewards, and it is not something that I take for granted.

I am thankful to have been born into the greatest country in the history of mankind. And very thankful for the men and women who dodge bullets and give their lives so that I can raise my family in peace.

I am thankful that my mother in law, (mil) is an atypical mil, and there are no jokes that apply to her milwise. I also get to keep her in the event of a divorce.

I am thankful for so many things. I am thankful for the four of you who read this, chocolate, babies, airplanes, Marble Slab, fuzzy socks, 80 degree weather in November, the beach, showers, DVR's, jeans that make my butt look good. My kitchen, my car, Target, no call lists, blankies, tempurpedic material, down comforters, jewelry, Cap'n Crunch, allergy medication, the internet (thanks Al Gore), tv, homemade bread, .......

No comments:

Click this and I will send you flair:)

Add to Technorati Favorites

Followers

Cast of Characters

  • BOB - Born of the body children
  • BOTH - Born of the heart children
  • Roran aka Big Girl - 18 year old BOB daughter - recently booted from the nest
  • Big Boy - 15 year old BOB son
  • Radical - 9 year old BOB son who fyi is not RAD
  • Felpsy aka lil middle - 4 year old BOTH boy who is RAD and is the cumin in our soup
  • Booger - 4 year old BOTH boy, sib to Felpsy, Twin to....
  • Princess - 4 year old BOTH girl. Diva,