Monday, November 12, 2007

...to take me away.

I have short timers syndrome. I am mere moments from some time away. I am leaving and I couldn't be more excited. I'm looking forward to different weather. A 7,000 foot change in elevation should provide some. I love living in the tropics, but getting away will be great.

We're going to a place that we have never been. I won't say where, we're keeping the whole trip a secret from the kids. I'm trying to pull off an Amazing Race Christmas Vacation. I've got clues formulating. I've found several places to visit, something of interest to all of the kids. My daughter is a photographer, this trip should provide us an abundance of pictures.

I've learned so much in planning this trip:
1: Check www.farecompare.com they give you a historical record of the past two years of airline prices. Following their trending saved us $800 on airline tickets.

2: Not all family suites are created equal. Embassy Suites provides a two room suite, but both beds are in the same room. Missing the point a little. I was looking forward to their omelet bar, but we are staying at the Residence Inn. We get a two bedroom suite. That's two bedrooms, not two beds in a room, plus free breakfast and fully equipped kitchen.

3. Research the weather. I'm used to 80 degrees in November, that's at sea level, we're trekking up more than a mile. I don't think it's convertible weather.

I'm hoping that the lack of forethought on the part of the kids will eliminate some of the baggage. Do we really need to bring three bags per person for a five day trip?

No comments:

Click this and I will send you flair:)

Add to Technorati Favorites

Followers

Cast of Characters

  • BOB - Born of the body children
  • BOTH - Born of the heart children
  • Roran aka Big Girl - 18 year old BOB daughter - recently booted from the nest
  • Big Boy - 15 year old BOB son
  • Radical - 9 year old BOB son who fyi is not RAD
  • Felpsy aka lil middle - 4 year old BOTH boy who is RAD and is the cumin in our soup
  • Booger - 4 year old BOTH boy, sib to Felpsy, Twin to....
  • Princess - 4 year old BOTH girl. Diva,