The kids have requested, of all things, Lunchables. What does that say about me? Or my cooking? Oh my gosh, they'll probably want to eat it in front of the tv as their bday activity. We are an exciting bunch.
I'm weighing the pros/cons of actually serving Lunchables for dinner on their bday. Can you imagine the counseling they will bill me for as teenagers?
"All our horrible mother ever fed us on our birthdays was Lunchables. Woe are we."
"And the only thing we ever did for our birthday was eat our Lunchables in front of the tv."
"And we didn't even get our own birthday."
I'll be putting up a Chip In link on my sidebar, be sure to contribute.
The other aspect I'm considering is just how that would look in the monthly report to CPS. 'On the children's birthday we splurged and got them Lunchables and let them watch tv, we never let them watch tv, they should be thankful they were born, otherwise there would be no tv.'
I think the poor children will have to settle for a nice home cooked meal. Don't even start with me on the cake. Boog is requesting a Diego cake with spiders and fire. Princess wants a Puppy cake with dark curly hair. "Hello, Shanda?????" But don't worry, those will be the cakes for the 'real party, you know when people come over' not the actual family birthday.
So look for me on the News tonight, ruining their birthday with real food and swimming. I'll be traveling to Hollywood later this month to accept my Lifetime Achievement Award for Worst Parent Ever.
Cast of Characters
- BOB - Born of the body children
- BOTH - Born of the heart children
- Roran aka Big Girl - 18 year old BOB daughter - recently booted from the nest
- Big Boy - 15 year old BOB son
- Radical - 9 year old BOB son who fyi is not RAD
- Felpsy aka lil middle - 4 year old BOTH boy who is RAD and is the cumin in our soup
- Booger - 4 year old BOTH boy, sib to Felpsy, Twin to....
- Princess - 4 year old BOTH girl. Diva,