Thursday, January 8, 2009

...I am such a lemming

I am so loving the Facebook. Love it. Found friends, blah blah blah. You've heard it 1,000 times before, but it's all true.

My personal take? Seventh grade all over again. If I friend request someone, will they ignore me? Am I just friend requesting them because all my other friends are friends with them? And let's not even talk about the poking. Totally seventh grade. Luckily the only one who is poking me is my husband.

Am I supposed to be intimidated when I get a message saying that (3) of Annie's friends think she dumb....take an IQ test. Whatever, you're dumb.

What is the protocol of accepting trip requests? Am I supposed to travel abroad with someone I haven't seen in 20 years? And do you know what your friend ****** used to say about you in HS? And all the cool kids are picking on the uncool kids. And 'really, you did not just say that.' Like I said, seventh grade.

Once I realized that, I wanted to go look up all my seventh grade friends. None of them have a computer. Thank God. Although I am not using my maiden name, it is a small town and I have family. They are bound to find me if they ever get an internet connection.

I did have an interesting chat with a girl I knew from mostly 9th grade. That was fun, some old camp friends.

But if I disappear, I'm over there. With all the cool kids. Hoping they accept my friend request.

4 comments:

Megan Wagner said...

I succumbed to the addiction of Facebook also. Going to go over there now and look for you. Lemings rule!

Sarah at SmallWorld said...

It is a horrible addiction, isn't it? So far mostly only my college friends are on, with just a few jr high/high school thrown in. But it has been an awesome reconnecting experience!

hsmomma said...

Too funny! Strange thing is--I feel much more "popular" and confident on facebook than I did in seventh grade! :)

RRigdon said...

I'm thoroughly addicted to FB. If I knew your real name, I'd add you as my friend in two shakes of a lambs tail. You are thoroughly cool, and you are welcome to sit at my table any time. :P

Click this and I will send you flair:)

Add to Technorati Favorites

Followers

Cast of Characters

  • BOB - Born of the body children
  • BOTH - Born of the heart children
  • Roran aka Big Girl - 18 year old BOB daughter - recently booted from the nest
  • Big Boy - 15 year old BOB son
  • Radical - 9 year old BOB son who fyi is not RAD
  • Felpsy aka lil middle - 4 year old BOTH boy who is RAD and is the cumin in our soup
  • Booger - 4 year old BOTH boy, sib to Felpsy, Twin to....
  • Princess - 4 year old BOTH girl. Diva,