Monday, September 22, 2008

...happy autumn

Well, by the looks of this, I am a day late for the equinox. But I love the daylight map. I'm a total nerd, you all knew this, but I am coming to grips.

Also, happy autumn means it's only 80 when we wake up. Wahoo. No rain means less mosquitoes.

Happy eating in our house this weekend. I discovered the best pancake recipe EVER. I always hated making pancakes, now not so much. Tonight is big bread night. Bread the size of basketballs with a smorgasbord of flavored butters and bruschetta. And if Atkin's doesn't hate us enough yet, Angel food cake with strawberries and whipped cream. Tomorrow it's chili and Cinnamon rolls. And a surprise discovered in our backyard over the weekend. A Key Lime tree. Probably won't have enough goodies this year for a pie, but let's take a moment to dream.......

Guess it's time to get on the treadmill. That may get the energy level up around here. Three weeks into school and the energy level in the morning has waned. The first week of school the boys were up before us, today none of us wanted to get out of bed.

And as an added bonus, NEW tv. No more reruns. Note to tv people - do not strike again, ever, nine months without Heroes...it just ain't right. Will Ted and Stella get engaged? Will Horatio die? Who got into the ambulance on ER? Is Warrick dead? All these questions and more will finally be answered.

I don't know why, but September is my best month. Last September rocked, this one has so far. Princess just told me my happy face eggs are 'spectacular' and I am a 'genius good cook' and once again the old wheels are churning out wonderful ideas.

Hope all is well with all of you.

2 comments:

JustTheFactsMa'am said...

YES. New TV is GOOD!

And apples and crisp air and leaves and not sweating like a horse everytime one goes outside. All GOOD.

Happy Autumn!

Momto5 RachelJoy Photography said...

my goodness! it's autumn?!!? Im just now starting to enjoy the pool more...not tooo hot not cool yet....

Click this and I will send you flair:)

Add to Technorati Favorites

Followers

Cast of Characters

  • BOB - Born of the body children
  • BOTH - Born of the heart children
  • Roran aka Big Girl - 18 year old BOB daughter - recently booted from the nest
  • Big Boy - 15 year old BOB son
  • Radical - 9 year old BOB son who fyi is not RAD
  • Felpsy aka lil middle - 4 year old BOTH boy who is RAD and is the cumin in our soup
  • Booger - 4 year old BOTH boy, sib to Felpsy, Twin to....
  • Princess - 4 year old BOTH girl. Diva,