Friday, August 8, 2008

Reality

Don't even bother me about whether reality tv is really reality, I don't care, it's fun. I love Gene Simmons bringing in Kiss to try to kick his kid's friends butts in Rock Band. Even funnier when Kiss loses doing Detroit Rock City.

I know that it isn't usually a foot race to the finish in The Amazing Race. Again, don't care. It's quite possible that 18 hour flights are exciting, or it could be the editing.

Reality TV is much like Blogger, life, highly edited. We all share an edited version of the real thing. Sure I'll share the highs and lows, funny stuff and yucky stuff, I'll stage some things to talk about, I'll shoot it from different angles, but when it gets too real I'll stop typing.

The closest thing to real reality is what happens under this roof each day, but even then we don't all know each other, really. We only know about each other what each of us chooses to share. There may even be an issue with not knowing ourselves enough to articulate to others.

Anyway, thank you for joining me in my reality.

1 comment:

Tracey said...

I ABSOLUTELY LOVE REALITY TV!

Click this and I will send you flair:)

Add to Technorati Favorites

Followers

Cast of Characters

  • BOB - Born of the body children
  • BOTH - Born of the heart children
  • Roran aka Big Girl - 18 year old BOB daughter - recently booted from the nest
  • Big Boy - 15 year old BOB son
  • Radical - 9 year old BOB son who fyi is not RAD
  • Felpsy aka lil middle - 4 year old BOTH boy who is RAD and is the cumin in our soup
  • Booger - 4 year old BOTH boy, sib to Felpsy, Twin to....
  • Princess - 4 year old BOTH girl. Diva,