Wednesday, July 9, 2008

...four months and some change

'til the election. We have the upcoming conventions. I'll tell you I'm not particularly excited about what comes along with elections.

"He throws rocks at puppies."

"He takes ice cream from babies."

How about telling us all what you are going to do? I'm happy that you are "for education," what exactly does that mean? Readin's good. I have some ideas about education, of course I don't have 15 committees studying the plan's effectiveness. First thing we need to do is leave some children behind. Let's face it, some kids are dead weight, not yours or mine of course, but there are some that are holding the rest of us back. Second, forget about cosigns and tangents until you've explained credit and checkbook balancing. Of course if you are passing laws feel free to leave out educating them on budgets, we know this would be bad for your job stability.

I know that today's problems are not new to us as a nation, they are new to me. I was educated in the public sector and know very little about American History. But go back about 30 years and you have a gas crisis, and inflation and a helpless and hopeless future.

"It is no coincidence that our present troubles parallel and are proportionate to the intervention and intrusion in our lives that result from unnecessary and excessive growth of government. It is time for us to realize that we're too great a nation to limit ourselves to small dreams. We're not, as some would have us believe, doomed to an inevitable decline. I do not believe in a fate that will fall on us no matter what we do. I do believe in a fate that will fall on us if we do nothing. So, with all the creative energy at our command, let us begin an era of national renewal. Let us renew our determination, our courage, and our strength. And let us renew our faith and our hope." Reagan's first inaugural speech.

It is my hope that we do not have a president Obama. I think that he thinks he is the solution to our present troubles. HE can bring about hope, and HE can bring about change. According to the evening news he is our hope and salvation as a country because HE CARES. Great, I think most of us care, that doesn't qualify us to be the President of the United States. They would point out that getting shot out of the sky doesn't either, maybe not, but giving up your free pass out of a POW camp will get my vote. If the vote should go Obama, I will settle in for the next four years, it may be the best thing for conservatism since Reagan.

Whatever you do, vote.

"You and I have a rendezvous with destiny. We will preserve for our children this, the last best hope of man on Earth, or we will sentence them to take the last step into a thousand years of darkness." A Time for Choosing, Reagan '64

No comments:

Click this and I will send you flair:)

Add to Technorati Favorites

Followers

Cast of Characters

  • BOB - Born of the body children
  • BOTH - Born of the heart children
  • Roran aka Big Girl - 18 year old BOB daughter - recently booted from the nest
  • Big Boy - 15 year old BOB son
  • Radical - 9 year old BOB son who fyi is not RAD
  • Felpsy aka lil middle - 4 year old BOTH boy who is RAD and is the cumin in our soup
  • Booger - 4 year old BOTH boy, sib to Felpsy, Twin to....
  • Princess - 4 year old BOTH girl. Diva,