Saturday, June 7, 2008

...cuddling with God

I love Saturdays, a day we generally don't have to get up and be anywhere. We can generally just lay in bed until the little people show up, sometime around six. I know it is the custom in many families that the little people come in and snuggle with the big people, to lay there together discussing what the day may bring. The one time they are allowed to step across the threshold into the parents room, feeling they are getting away with something. Feeling a little special that they are, for whatever reason, allowed in. My kids are legally restricted from doing so, so of course I'm am talking in generalities.

I am not a morning person, left to my own devices I'd get up sometime around lunch. By the time the little ones are crying out shortly before succumbing to starvation or dehydration, God has usually nudged me awake. I'm all snuggled up asking the big guy what we're going to do today. I want to spend as much time together before the day gets away from us. I don't often say a lot, just enjoying being in His presence. I realize that it's a place that I am only allowed because He has allowed it. But all too soon I get we realize that there are things that need to be done, people who need us. We leave, and I look forward to the next time I can steal away for a few moments to cuddle.

No comments:

Click this and I will send you flair:)

Add to Technorati Favorites

Followers

Cast of Characters

  • BOB - Born of the body children
  • BOTH - Born of the heart children
  • Roran aka Big Girl - 18 year old BOB daughter - recently booted from the nest
  • Big Boy - 15 year old BOB son
  • Radical - 9 year old BOB son who fyi is not RAD
  • Felpsy aka lil middle - 4 year old BOTH boy who is RAD and is the cumin in our soup
  • Booger - 4 year old BOTH boy, sib to Felpsy, Twin to....
  • Princess - 4 year old BOTH girl. Diva,