Or so says my Google Analytics report for 2008. I am so validated by such things. I would personally agree that 2008 was a great year, but I HAD NO IDEA.
But don't check out my technorati, it's a big fat ZERO. Oh Gosh, the rejection.
It is a timely validation, yesterday our pastor reminded us that we should not compare ourselves with those around us. We are either doing better than someone, which might make us prideful, or we are doing worse than others and therefore become discouraged. Only compare where you are with where you have been.
Not that I'm one for looking back, learned my lesson from Lot's wife, I think her name was Ethel, and Ray Stevens did a song about her in the '70's. "Don't look Ethel." No but seriously, how much more clear can it be that we are not to look longingly to our past, than being turned to a pillar of salt?
I love where I am right now. I am only looking forward. I don't need to look back because there is nothing there for me. All I ever wanted or needed is cuddled up here watching the "Princess Bride" with me.
So, for those of you who have been here since the beginning, thanks! Your encouragement in my life is priceless. And for those of you who are new, welcome.
Cast of Characters
- BOB - Born of the body children
- BOTH - Born of the heart children
- Roran aka Big Girl - 18 year old BOB daughter - recently booted from the nest
- Big Boy - 15 year old BOB son
- Radical - 9 year old BOB son who fyi is not RAD
- Felpsy aka lil middle - 4 year old BOTH boy who is RAD and is the cumin in our soup
- Booger - 4 year old BOTH boy, sib to Felpsy, Twin to....
- Princess - 4 year old BOTH girl. Diva,