My friend is putting together a book for her son's birthday, she has asked several people to write down something from life they'd like to pass on to the next generation. Here is my contribution....
Dear (FoM's son)
It is not acceptable to propose marriage on Valentines day, just because you couldn't think of anything else. Neither it is acceptable on Christmas or her birthday. An engagement ring is not a gift, it is a down payment. Each of the aforementioned holidays require their own separate gift.
....or maybe not. I think he's 13. I am only kidding about the ring being a down payment, as far as you know, but am absolutely serious about it being its own separate gift.
Great now you all think I'm shallow. I'm not. Really. Maybe those census.gov updates I hear on the radio everyday could do a bit on how many people who got engaged on Valentines Day eventually got divorced. Probably more than half.
Anyway i'm hoping that I can pass on to my children that it's more important to have a marriage than a wedding. All of you with lots of daughters feel free to borrow that.
Cast of Characters
- BOB - Born of the body children
- BOTH - Born of the heart children
- Roran aka Big Girl - 18 year old BOB daughter - recently booted from the nest
- Big Boy - 15 year old BOB son
- Radical - 9 year old BOB son who fyi is not RAD
- Felpsy aka lil middle - 4 year old BOTH boy who is RAD and is the cumin in our soup
- Booger - 4 year old BOTH boy, sib to Felpsy, Twin to....
- Princess - 4 year old BOTH girl. Diva,