I'm glued to the tv coverage of Hurricane Ike. My brother is a weather junkie, I guess along with the proximity to my own home, some of his nerdiness carried on down the line.
People living on the barrier islands directly in the path of a major hurricane are not leaving. Hello people. 911 won't help you. Don't cry on CNN tomorrow that you almost died. You had every chance to leave.
This is why I would make a horrible god. I would strike them all down immediately for being stupid. But I'm just plain tired of all the crap this world has to offer.
Our church offers a test on different gifts and talents one might be inclined towards. I failed the grace test. Badly. I know it's a lesson that I will have to learn, but I am not inclined towards it. I have learned the hard way to have grace for pregnant teens and horrible parents. I hope that I learned the easy way to evacuate in a hurricane.
I guess the nice thing about knowing that I'm not inclined towards grace is that I am aware of it. I can recognize it and correct it. Kind of like knowing that I like men, and avoiding the ones I don't want to sleep with. That would be all of them, except of course my own man.
So, anyway, I'm glad God has it covered. I haven't quite gotten there.
Cast of Characters
- BOB - Born of the body children
- BOTH - Born of the heart children
- Roran aka Big Girl - 18 year old BOB daughter - recently booted from the nest
- Big Boy - 15 year old BOB son
- Radical - 9 year old BOB son who fyi is not RAD
- Felpsy aka lil middle - 4 year old BOTH boy who is RAD and is the cumin in our soup
- Booger - 4 year old BOTH boy, sib to Felpsy, Twin to....
- Princess - 4 year old BOTH girl. Diva,