It probably isn't a secret to any one who visits me here often that I have money issues. Not that I don't have enough, I always do. My issues are internal. I would say the only thing that I worry about on a regular basis is money. Even though I am better off than billions of others in the world I still worry.
Today was payday, first thing we do on payday? Tithe. Today I didn't want to. I did the math in my head. We paid a retainer to an attorney today so that we can move this adoption process forward. Big Girl is leaving for school tomorrow. We are $1200 down in child support because one state is fighting with the other. We have a sitter to pay for three overnights, hotel, gas, food. Mother's Day Out starts next week and somewhere in the middle of all of that somebody is going to want to eat. My little shoulder devil tried his very best to convince me that the money going to the tithe would REALLY come in handy. What if? What if? What if?
I paid the tithe. Why? Because we always pay the tithe. Because I trust God. Because feelings and shoulder devils aren't the boss of me. Because money isn't the boss of me.
Does anyone want to guess what the dishwasher had to say when we turned it on tonight?
Cast of Characters
- BOB - Born of the body children
- BOTH - Born of the heart children
- Roran aka Big Girl - 18 year old BOB daughter - recently booted from the nest
- Big Boy - 15 year old BOB son
- Radical - 9 year old BOB son who fyi is not RAD
- Felpsy aka lil middle - 4 year old BOTH boy who is RAD and is the cumin in our soup
- Booger - 4 year old BOTH boy, sib to Felpsy, Twin to....
- Princess - 4 year old BOTH girl. Diva,