Tuesday, June 3, 2008

...They wouldn't sell me windows

A window company has been stalker calling us for years. We are finally in the market for windows so the other night when they called I said "sure come on over."

This afternoon a nicely dressed gentleman rang the bell ready to sell us some windows. He said it would take about 45 minutes for the demonstration.

"Well, I don't really need a demonstration." I know how windows work and I have the internet (thanks to Al Gore).

He kindly told me that he could not sell me the windows without a demonstration. Not even if I were to hand over the cash today. He CANNOT sell me windows without the demonstration.

OK I get it, but I have way more money than time at this point, and I can always get more money. I really don't want to hear what kind of gas they put between their panes that make it "far superior" to anything out there. I know he saw my 35 year old house, he was standing in front of it. I just need some new windows. I just want some quality windows at a reasonable price. I don't care about financing options we do the 100% down plan. I have no need to hear that you've been in business for 100 years just give me a price. If it's going to be $47,000 I'm not going to be interested. If it's $1,000 I'm going to be suspicious. Give me a price and let me ask questions.

I'm sure the "guy sitting at your kitchen table" sales technique still works, but not here. We can get rid of people pretty quickly, the longer you stay the less we supervise the kids. Go talk the little old lady down the street out of her savings, I want a price before you get in the door, and if you cannot do that without a gimmick then I don't want your windows anyway.

No comments:

Click this and I will send you flair:)

Add to Technorati Favorites

Followers

Cast of Characters

  • BOB - Born of the body children
  • BOTH - Born of the heart children
  • Roran aka Big Girl - 18 year old BOB daughter - recently booted from the nest
  • Big Boy - 15 year old BOB son
  • Radical - 9 year old BOB son who fyi is not RAD
  • Felpsy aka lil middle - 4 year old BOTH boy who is RAD and is the cumin in our soup
  • Booger - 4 year old BOTH boy, sib to Felpsy, Twin to....
  • Princess - 4 year old BOTH girl. Diva,