Tuesday, December 18, 2007

...of happy ever after.

Apparently little girls sit around and dream of their happy ever after and their prince charming. I was not one of those girls, I didn't have fake weddings, or anything like that. Supposing that I had, I don't think that my life is what the other little girls are dreaming of. Had we ended our story at the wedding, maybe, but we'd miss out on most of what is good about my life.

I would like to say that I loved my husband when I said "I do", fact of the matter is, I had no clue. Any old married couple laughs at the pre-wedding counseling. We didn't need to resolve fights, we never had any. We of course said "we talk it out" puleeze. We agreed on how to raise kids we didn't have, the role our extended families would play in our life, money, yadda, yadda, yadda. It may as well been an arranged marriage for all we knew of each other. Just as long as my parents weren't the arrangers.

I also suppose the barf/poop factor doesn't factor into the girlish fantasy. If you've been a parent for longer than an hour, you know it ain't all smiles and giggles. And then there is the maniacal screaming, but I'm working on using my words. It just seems that it's more comedy/drama than romance. To be clear there is plenty of romance, but still more dramedy, and when factoring in the barf/poop it pretty much negates romance.

All in all I can say I'm happily married, will be 'til one of us dies. I can say this because I've chosen it. Since divorce is taken off of the table, I'm only left with two choices. Happy or unhappy ever after. Seems like a no brainer.

No comments:

Click this and I will send you flair:)

Add to Technorati Favorites

Followers

Cast of Characters

  • BOB - Born of the body children
  • BOTH - Born of the heart children
  • Roran aka Big Girl - 18 year old BOB daughter - recently booted from the nest
  • Big Boy - 15 year old BOB son
  • Radical - 9 year old BOB son who fyi is not RAD
  • Felpsy aka lil middle - 4 year old BOTH boy who is RAD and is the cumin in our soup
  • Booger - 4 year old BOTH boy, sib to Felpsy, Twin to....
  • Princess - 4 year old BOTH girl. Diva,